• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator GSE25HSHJHSS freezer light out

cooler-TL

Premium Member
Model Number
GSE25HSHJHSS
Brand
GE
I already checked switch, not the problem. ordered a light ( LED ).. what's the voltage at the connector suppose to be?
2017 / GE / GSE25HSHJHSS.

cooler-TL

Premium Member
I got like 69.5 V... Just to be sure 120v where the light plugs in? if so, I guess I need to check the transformer? will it hurt to leave it as is? I don't really need the light.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
will it hurt to leave it as is?
Remove the light so it's not getting low voltage. Every time I've seen this issue it's always been the light switch. You can check the voltage at the board. J11 (brown) goes to both light switches and the RC light is working. Measure the voltage from the brown wire on the light switch to Neutral (orange) from supply voltage. Then measure from the red wire on the switch and see if it's the same.

cooler-TL

Premium Member
OK will try it.. By board, do you mean the control board of refr.? Did buy a new switch both old and new bench tested same. yes, the reg . compartment light is working.. I will remove the LED light from freezer..

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a pinched or broken wire either between the board and the light switch (brown), the light switch and the light (red) or the Neutral side of the light