• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator GSL25IFRFBS Temperature control not working after replacing main control board

Bobbyb0883

Premium Member
Model Number
GSL25IFRFBS
Brand
GE
I replaced the control board because the water and ice dispenser stopped working and you could hear the relays repeatedly clicking. Replacing the control board solved the problem with the dispenser but now my freezer and refrigerator controls do not work unless I have either one of them set at one or two on the dial if I turn them up to normal it will not call for cooling. If I replace the board with the original I have refrigeration and defrost controls and I still have ice just to no dispenser.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That indicates your motherboard you got is defective, where did you get it from?

Here's the motherboard for your model:
ge-board-with-core-wr55x10942p-ap6048447_01_l.jpg

Jake

Bobbyb0883

Premium Member
I ordered it from Amazon. I left both settings at 5 last night before bed and it never kicked out I just manually turned it on by turning it down to number two. It also won't kick off unless I move the dial from one or two.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Like I mentioned its a defective motherboard from amazon, that's why I always advise customers to please NOT buy parts on amazon, as there is no oversight there, like there is at AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, Plus both of those sites come with a 365 day warranty on all parts!

Jake

Bobbyb0883

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I shipped that board back today. I will buy one from a different supplier.