• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator GSS22WGPA - No Ice or Water in Door

Charbear

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS22WGPA
Brand
GE
Hi all. I have a GE GSS22WGPA refrigerator. No ice or water in the door. New filter. Front panel actuates in that I hear the solenoid and the ice crusher works if I dump ice into it. All 3 lights (water, crushed and cubed) come on when the button is pushed. I saw some diagnostics listed for some other GE's but they all referred to models with a display. I'm guessing it's a water inlet issue. I do have water going to the fridge. I guess I could just pull the back panel and start undoing couplings but I thought I'd ask here first to see if there were diagnostics I could run. Please advise and thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It would be very rare for both to go out at the same time, that tells me its more likely a wire connection or wire connector, that operates BOTH, in your wire harness below the freezer door has broken or corroded, I'd check that first.

If the wires are fine, Then pull your refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the motherboard access cover on the back of your refrigerator, then get a multimeter and have someone press the dispenser lever for ice and check for 120 Volts AC between J7-1 and J7-9. Press the water lever and check for 120 Volts AC between J7-3 and J7-9.
(click to enlarge)
MB1-1 Defrost Only.jpg

Here's the motherboard for your model:
Main Control Board WR55X10942P

Jake

Charbear

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Life called and I won't dig into this until likely Saturday. I'll check electrical. I thought since the light would come on as I pressed water, ice or crushed, that the panel was working. If I load in ice from a tray, the cubes will dispense and the ice will crush. I assumed the issue was no water getting to the dispenser or the ice maker that the issue was hopefully water "valve/solenoid" related. You don't think so and think it's probably electrical (connector issue or control board)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It can be either/or, you'll just need to check it out on Saturday to see.:)

Jake