• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator GSS25WGPDBB Bad Evaporator Fan Motor?

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Model Number
GSS25WGPDBB
Brand
GE
So I have this GE fridge: GSS25WGPDBB

Bottom part of freezer and fridge have good and cold temperature while top doesn't. I tested the voltage at the main-board J2 connector and DC voltages are good for both condenser and evaporator fan - compressor and fan both are running. I would say similar to this issue: Top 1/2 of freezer and top 1/2 of refrigerator were not cold.

While testing for evaporator fan motor, left both fridge and freezer doors open and voltage checked out good - but fan never kicked in, I suspect evaporator fan motor is shot.

Of course fridge and freezer are not being cold enough, should I go ahead and replace evaporator motor or can do any more testing? Thank you for the help :)

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Take a photo of the evaporator coil in the freezer and upload it here, we need to see the frost pattern of it.

Jake

maverickfhs

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, actually bottom part of the freezer is super cold.

While the top isn't and fan isn't coming at all. Could it be an issue on the evaporator fan itself? As this is the same issue as this one: Top 1/2 of freezer and top 1/2 of refrigerator were not cold.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

maverickfhs

Premium Member
On the same note I have a question - have heard that when an evaporator motor dies, it takes the control board with it.

If it is true, can anything be done to save the motherboard? Thank you again :)

Using this link too:

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member