• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator GTS15BBMBLWW freezer barely get cold and fridge is at room temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskip

Premium Member
Model Number
GTS15BBMBLWW
Brand
GE
GE top freezer fridge model GTS15BBMBLWW
Compressor and cond. fan working normal. Took panel to access evap coils and no ice build up there (defrost working my guess?). Fan above evap coils is operating ok.
Checked condenser cooling fan (at the bottom back side) also working ok. Compressor runs warm (not to hot!) to touch. Cleaned condenser coils under/back side ( some dust accumulated ). After plugging back to power freezer section feels like cold air is being moved around. Fridge not much of cold air gets there - checked "passage" and it is clear of obstructions.
Thermostat/temp sensor ?

mskip

Premium Member
After few hrs temp in freezer get to 3C (37F). Fridge part is at 10C (50F). Compressor/fan stopped running. If I touch temp dial ( 0 to 9 temp setting) to colder it will trigger compressor to start again. I will leave it at max low temp (9 on dial) overnight to see if temp in freezer/fridge will dip any lower. It is older fridge and we are on the edge to get new one ($$$) or try to fix this ($$). Parts are getting harder to get and more sparse...

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if the compressor stopped running before it cooled to normal and all you did was touch the temperature dial and it made the compressor come on, then that Temperature Control Thermostat is the bad part.

Here's the Temperature Control Thermostat for your model you can order:
Temperature Control Thermostat WR09X20002

Jake

mskip

Premium Member
Thx Jake! Part ordered and will give it a try...

P.S. Note that after I left it overnight at max low temp (#9 on a dial) freezer got to -8C (18F) and fridge was about 6C (43F)

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, let us know.

P.S. Note that after I left it overnight at max low temp (#9 on a dial) freezer got to -8C (18F) and fridge was about 6C (43F)
That's better, but we have no way to tell if the compressor stayed running the entire time.

Jake

mskip

Premium Member
Since this fridge is in our bsmt area I wasn't able to sit and watch/listen it entire time. When I checked it in the am hrs compressor/fan wasn't running at that time...
I will keep you posted of progress.
Cheers

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes keep us posted.

Jake

mskip

Premium Member
Part replaced and so far so good!
Freezer temp gets to 0 F and fridge to about 33 F
(y)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new Temperature Control Thermostat fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.