• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator Ice Maker Overflows During Fill

blaubner

Premium Member
Model Number
IM4D
Brand
GE
Just installed a new ice machine in my freezer. Water leaks during a new cycle when the machine fills. It's overflow from the filler tube. The hopper that directs the water into the ice machine can't keep up with the filler tube. I posted a video on YouTube that captures what is happening:

Can I slow the rate of water flow from the filler tube without changing the overall amount of water dispensed?

Also, the ice machine and filler tube did not 100% line up. As you can see in the video, the filler tube is a few centimetres off-set from the hoppers dispensing channel. This ice machine mounts on the wall of the freezer. Should I buy some spaces to push the ice machine over so the fill tube and hopper line up better? Maybe the water will drain into the ice machine faster that way?

Thanks in advance

blaubner

Premium Member
This may prove only to be temporary, but I've rigged a solution using TV mount spacers and a rubber band. The spacers moved the ice machine over and lined the inlet flume with the fill tube a lot better. I then used a rubber band to tip the inlet flume toward the direction of water flow and away from the direction that it was overflowing. So far so good. Here is a video of the fill now:

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 26
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 28