• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator PDS22SBNBS - Fresh food compartment started getting a little too cold, Control Board Location

bluquark

Premium Member
Model Number
PDS22SBNBS
Brand
GE
Hello Everyone - I am new to this forum. I have a GE PDS22SBNBS fridge with the freezer at the bottom. The fridge is about 14-year old, but it has been working well. Recently, the fresh food compartment started getting a little too cold - the thermometer reads about 31 deg F. The freezer works fine. After a few consultations I felt the control board needs to be replaced. So ordered one. However, I can't find where the board is actually located. I looked at the back of the cabinet, but it does not look like there is a way to get to the board from there.

I would really appreciate any help in this regard. I can't find the service manual on the web nor any YouTube video showing the control board for this model. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Looks like this is a GE produced by Maytag, it does not have a board on it, its all mechanical.

So either the air damper is not closing properly or your temperature control thermostat is making it too cold.

Put a freezer thermometer inside the freezer and tell us what it reads in 2 hours.

Unfortunately the air damper is No Longer Available:

Jake

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Parts breakdown shows a defrost timer and capillary tube temp control.....but no board.

0029576635_4.gif

Control damper (#66) might be NLA now.

jeff sr.

jeff1

Staff member
Oops.
Jake beat me.

jeff sr.

bluquark

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake snd Jeff! This fridge is in a rental unit and it would take a couple of days to get the freezer temperature. Maybe I will just replace both defrost timer and damper.

jeff1

Staff member
Air damper is the part that is starting to come up as no longer available :(

If you can find one, your repair sounds like a good one.

jeff sr.

jeff1

Staff member
freezer temperature is around -8 deg

-8ºF?

A little too cold. Usually should be around 0ºF or -18ºC.
Temp control may also be suspect then.

jeff sr.

bluquark

Premium Member
It turns out that the damper belt had come out of the gear snd the damper hole was wide open. We put it back and adjusted the opening. Let’s hope it fixes the issue.

jeff1

Staff member
Great find, keep us posted.

jeff sr.