• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator PFSS5NJWASS inconsistent temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyMas

Premium Member
Model Number
PFSS5NJWASS
Brand
GE
Working on this GE fridge. Client states the fresh food section will get up to around 53 degrees. Then drop back down for a few hours. It won’t stay a good 38 degrees which they have it set for. I’m new to working on fridges. Anyone run into this? No defrost problem, fan works fine, door switches work fine so the light isn’t staying on and heating up the fridge. I ordered the damper which was closed while the fan was on. So I thought maybe this damper isn’t working right.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jimmy,

Check the thermistors at the J1 connector on the board and see if they match the temperature. You'll need to know the actual temperatures in the box.
Here's the pinouts and the correct way to check the dampers. I'll also attach a temp/resist chart.
(click to enlarge)
GEMB-17 WR55X10956.jpg

(click to enlarge)
011 GE Thermistor Chart.jpeg

If the FRESH FOOD THERMISTOR does not ohm test properly, then that's the bad part.

Here's the FRESH FOOD THERMISTOR for your model(all thermitors for this model use this same part number):
WR55X10025 Temperature Sensor

If the FRESH FOOD THERMISTOR and damper test good, then the motherboard is the only other part that would cause this problem.

Here's the motherboard for your model:
WR55X10956 Main Control Board

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jimmy sounds good.

Let us know what you find. We love updates here!

Jake

JimmyMas

Premium Member
When I returned to the house with the damper assembly, I noticed the old damper was not closing, even though I could feel the motor (in the damper assembly) attempting to close it. I had previously manually opened it. At this point the fridge was just a little too cold. I installed the new damper assembly, its been a few days and the client reports temperatures have regulated to set temps. Problem solved!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.