• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator PSC25NSWASS Ice Maker Not Working

ifixivrs

Premium Member
Model Number
PSC25NSWASS
Brand
GE
Hi - The ice maker on my GE PCS25NSWA stopped working and I've power-cycled the device, using the toggle switch, and un-plugged the ice maker multi-connector - still no ice.
Is there any thing else to look at or consider before replacing the ice maker? Any chance that there's no water flowing to the device and I should check that too (no idea how I could even do that).

Any advise would be appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unplug the machine for longer than 120 seconds then restore power. You have 15 seconds to push the feeler arm on the ice maker in three times and three times only. The ice maker will go through a harvest cycle then a fill cycle. If the ice maker fails to start the harvest cycle check for 120 VAC at the IM connector.
Snapshot_2.jpg

ifixivrs

Premium Member
The harvest and fill cycle worked, but there doesn't seem to many cubes being made (except for the one's from the test).

What position should the feeler arm be in after the bucket has put back in place? Towards the door or the rear wall? It seems the feeler arm is stiff and doesn't move easily. When I install the bucket, I manually push the feeler arm towards the front door(like the top of your image above), but it seems to retract (like the lower part of your image).

When the feeler arm is pushed in, does that cut off the IM?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The feeler arm should be out. When the ice bucket is full the arm hits the ice and the ice maker stops making ice until the arm is all the way out. Sounds like it's time for a new ice maker.
ge-electromechanical-icemaker-kit-wr30x10093-ap4345120_01_l.jpg