• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator PVD28BYNBFS not making ice

FERMIN8702

Premium Member
Model Number
PVD28BYNBFS
Brand
GE
The water dispenser works, the icemaker will make ice if I pour water in it. So I figure this is an issue with the icemaker not getting water. I have replaced the water filter and purged the air out. I have let the refrigerator defrost in case the water line is frozen, but it still won't make ice on its own. I want to replace the water valve for the icemaker, but not sure where its located. in the diagram its marked #148. Can anyone tell me how to replace that valve.

Attachments

• GE VALVE.jpg
    GE VALVE.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 76

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your working on a very new style GE model that I have not run across as of yet, so I'd be in the same boat as you, without the service manual its impossible to know how it comes out. The service manual is nowhere to be found.

Here's the #148 water inlet valve for your model:

When you click the water inlet valve part link it will take you to AppliancePartsPros then you will see a QUESTION and ANSWER section, you can ask them there.

Jake

FERMIN8702

Premium Member
Update: found the water valve inside refrigerator door. Had to remove panel around water filter to get access. After changing the valve, the icemaker started working again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.