• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator TBX21CIBRRBB - NO power

Natish3000

Premium Member
Model Number
TBX21CIBRRBB
Brand
GE
My daughter had this fridge for years with no issues. Gave it to us and within days there is zero power. No light. No noise. No fans. No power.
History: My wife plugged it into long extension cord meant for general use. ( 25 ft orange exterior cord)
I ordered short 12 gauge extension but it died in meantime.
The outlet works. Tried in two different working outlets.
I see no burns, splits, melted areas, etc on cord.
I see a million posts about what to do if it isnt cooling but none about if it has no power.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's probably something simple. Start by checking the power cord for continuity with a DMM. Look where the power cord connects to the machine for a bad or broken wire.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its funny you mentioned that Rick, yesterday I was out on a service call for a Gas Dryer with no power at all. Used my multimeter to check power at the door switch, nothing, timer nothing. When I went to unplug the dryer I saw a bite mark in the power cord from a rodent. LOL

Note: The power cord and power outlet was just above the floor about a inch or two, where the dryer sits.

Got a new power cord and BINGO! ITS ALIVE!

Jake

Natish3000

Premium Member
Unfortunately I did that already. Replacing overload switch today. If not that I have NO idea. Thanks though

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you don't have any power, replacing the overload is not going to do anything. If you start replacing parts hoping one will fix it, it will get very expensive, very fast. Check for 120 VAC at the compressor. If you don't have voltage, you don't need an overload.

Update: It just occurred to me you don't have a meter. Correct?