• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator TFX22ZPBEAA Freezer is froze Fridge is 56

paulnjaime

Premium Member
Model Number
TFX22ZPBEAA
Brand
GE
I have model number GE TFX22ZPBEAA. The freezer is 18 the fridge section is 56.
The freezer condensate fan is running.
Ok here is the strange thing to me. At the top of of the freezer where the condensate fan sits there is small passage for the air to blow through to the fridge section with a manual damper. I can see there is no obstruction and the damper works fine but there is no air blowing through. I have checked the door seals on both sides and there good. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The fan in the freezer is the evaporator fan. The fan at the rear by the compressor is the condenser fan.

Cold air from the freezer goes into the fridge compartment at the top. There is usually a damper there to limit the amount to control the temperature. There will also be a return air duct toward the bottom of the dividing wall. Make sure the return air duct is not blocked by food or ice.

fridge-AIR-Flow.210x200.gif

Other than that someone could check the frosting on the evaporator coil. If excessively frosted it could limit air flow to other areas of the appliance.

Related Cooling Issues

Dan O.

paulnjaime

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the reply. As soon as I get off work I will check the return air duct.

ApplianceBCS

Premium Member
If your freezer is 18 degrees and the refrigerator is 56 and assuming the condenser fan is running sounds like you mind be having a leak somewhere in the sealed system or a restriction in the evaporator based off of the information you have given me. If you pull a amp reading off of the compressor you should be able to tell what is going on with the system. High amperage = Restriction /Bad Compressor /// Low Amperage = Leak in the System. Even with a broken damper door with no airflow to the refrigerator section your freeze wouldn't be 18 degrees. Also there are vent holes I believe in the fridge side 2nd to bottom shelf left side where sometimes can get iced up and prevent airflow when the freezer door is closed. Hope this helps.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.