GE Service is Pathetic, who to write to?

zenfor

Premium Member
Hi,

Re: SH208WAAGE Spacemaker front loading washer purchased 10/00

On 8/5/05 my local independent appliance repair comes over to tell me that it appears that either the motor or controller card is gone but since he's not an authorized GE repair, he can't touch it. He said the parts should be under the 5 year warranty.

I schedule a service call for 8/9 with GE. I took the day off to wait and get a call from the technician that he just hurt his back and needs to reschedule. Re-schedules on 8/12 & 8/16 made and canceled by GE. On 8/19 technician shows, replaces controller card (still not agitating) then replaces door switch unit and still not working. Realizes now that the faulty door switch may be shorting out the controller cards so tells me new parts are needed and he will be back on Monday at 4:30. Monday comes and goes he never shows or calls. Costumer service tells me he called but there was no answer so he didn't show. Complete lie because I was home from 1 to 5 waiting. Customer relations is useless and rude. I took 2 days off from work now and spent about $150 at public laundromat. I will fight for full reimbursement until the end including all service charges.

I have as a complaint address, Ge Consumer Relations, AP6 Suite 129 Louisville, KY 40225, ATT: Ray Graff

I am also looking for higher level names of corporate office executives to send copies to?

Warning - Never buy a GE appliance, you will be sorry if you need to use their repair service.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sorry about the problems you have had with GE.

I always advise consumers to check the company website, www.geappliances.com then look for the link that says investor relations, then find the vice president, and e-mail him.

Jake

zenfor

Premium Member
Thanks, I'll try that also but after this pathetic lack of even minimal service, delays, cancellations, no-shows, and rudeness on their part, I will do my best to warn everyone not to buy a GE appliance.