• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE side by side refrigerator ESS25LSRCSS dripping water at dispenser

VinnyDe

Premium Member
Model Number
ESS25LSRCSS
Brand
GE
The water is dripping in the dispenser area. I've replaced so far the dispenser actuator, solenoid assembly and the flapper. I've also replaced in rear the water valve. It still drips water in the dispenser area. Thank you in advance for any help. Vinny

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When was the last time you replaced the water filter?

Here's the water filter for your model:
Water Filter MWFP

Anytime you replace the water filter OR water inlet valve you have to draw 10 full glasses of water from the water dispenser to get the air out of the water lines, or it will cause this problem your having now.

Jake

VinnyDe

Premium Member
Yes, when I replaced everything I drew 2 gal of water from the dispenser and the filter was replaced at the same time. Ice and water are working normally its just this dripping problem. When I removed the control panel to replace the flapper and solenoid it appeared more like a condensation build up around dispenser area. Thank you

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So are you saying the condensation is dripping or the water from the water dispenser is dripping?

Jake

VinnyDe

Premium Member
Yes, the water is dripping all around the dispenser. Is it possible the water line in the freezer door is broken somewhere.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, because the water could not go up into the dispenser, it would have to run down inside the door onto the floor.

You will need to have GE come out to see what's going on, I'm not sure what your talking about when you say all around the dispenser.

Jake

VinnyDe

Premium Member
I have removed the control panel and taken a photo to show you what condensation Im talking about. The solenoid, flapper and area around that are all dripping. Thank you Vinny

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_104840322.jpg
    IMG_20201008_104840322.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 45

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Perfect Vinny, Thanks, yes looks like condensation.

Get a flashlight and shine it down through your ice chute and see on the other side if you have light coming out from the ice dispenser door.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

VinnyDe

Premium Member
Jake I did as you requested and shined a light thru ice chute but could not see a spec of light at dispenser. I did remove the control panel to get a good view and made the room dark also but no light. I guess this is a real puzzler.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it's likely the freezer door is iced up inside and causing this problem. GE had a massive problem like that more than 10 years ago, and yours seems to be the victim of it too now.

Time to go refrigerator shopping.

We recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana and Kenmore made by Whirlpool the first 3 digits of the model number will show 106 if its a Kenmore made by Whirlpool.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome Vinny!

Jake