• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Top Load Washer - S3700G2WW - Motor Clicking, no spin/agitate

Crafter

Premium Member
Model Number
S3700G2WW
Brand
GE
Hi, This is an oldie but a goody.

My awesome washer has been going strong for 10 years, today it stopped spinning.

Belt is fine just when the lid switch is pressed the motor makes a clicking sound with the Green LED going on and off.
If I spin the tub, the clicking stops but starts up right when the manual spin stops.

Lid switch is bypassed however when the lid switch wires are apart, no clicking just led blinking.

Any help would be appreciated.
I just got done telling this forum how much I love my old washer when the new whirlpool cabrio washer stopped working on me. Thanks for helping me figure that out Jake, I hope you have something for this one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Shawn has a good web page about these Hydrowave washers and what to check for here: HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide

I'd first check the LED light on the motor first and see how many times its flashing in sequence.

Here's the motor for your model:
WH20X10093 Motor and Inverter Asm

There is a video in the motor part link that shows you how to access it. Also unplug the washer and remove the belt, then plug it in a try it again in agitate and spin and see if the motor turns by itself without clicking.

Jake

Crafter

Premium Member
Update: I did everything on that page. The only issue I saw was I would get 65ohms from the Shifter Coil.

The LED has no flashing sequence. Just on and off like normal. The clicking starts when the lid is down and the tub does not turn. I also noticed when I spin the tube by hand the clicking stops. I think that's when the motor 'thinks' it's spinning so it stops clicking. I'm wondering if something is stripped in the shifter and maybe it's not an expensive part.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like I mentioned above--->Also unplug the washer and remove the belt, then plug it in a try it again in agitate and spin and see if the motor turns by itself without clicking.

Jake

Crafter

Premium Member
Sorry Didn't see that. I pulled the belt, motor kept clicking/no spin.

I think it's done for. I picked up a pretty decent, currently working GE - GTW460ASJWW.
I hope this one lasts a little while before I need to purchase something new.
Thank you for your help Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your are correct, bad motor.

I picked up a pretty decent, currently working GE - GTW460ASJWW.
I hope you bought it from a reputable used appliance store.:)

Jake