• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Top-load Washing Machine GTW460ASJ5WW Lid Won't Lock - Error Codes 1, 13, 14, 26

Rebecca934

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW460ASJ5WW
Brand
GE
Hello, and thanks in advance for any assistance or advice you are able to provide!

I have a GE GTW460ASJ5WW. Serial no. SG905278G. I purchased this unit used this past March (2021). Last week, noticed that my clothes were coming out of the washer VERY wet, and took it upon myself to troubleshoot. I have been using this reference: manualslib.com/manual/1254374/Ge-Htw200ask_ww.html?page=39#manual

The error codes I'm getting are 1, 13, 14, and 26, all of which seem to have to do with the lid lock. The machine seems to recognize when the lid is closed (which I can tell both from running that test and from use of the washer), and the Lid Locked LED light lights up, but the lid can still be opened; it seems the machine is not actually locking the lid, or the lock is not working.

I'm perusing some threads on similar issues with GTW460ASJ_WW models, but am mostly wondering what I should do next to determine what is causing the lid not to lock.

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, your washer was made in September of 2016 so that service bulletin applies to your washer.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can contact GE and see if they will cover the repair/replacement, but it usually means you would need to replace it yourself.

Jake