• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE UNC15NJBII Under Counter Ice Maker Drain Pump UPK3 Won't Stop Running

jlintvet

Premium Member
Model Number
UNC15NJBII
Brand
GE
18 month old under counter GE ice maker. Added the drain pump kit and it recently started having issues. It will either cycle on and off constantly or cycle on and stay on. I blew compressed air through the drain hose coming off the pump and back through the pump to try to free up any obstruction. No resolution when powered back up. I am assuming it is a switch issue. Recommendations on how to proceed would be appreciated. I have not been able to locate the switch alone.

Thank you.

jlintvet

Premium Member
Thought about that so I disconnected from where it enters the drain line and it pumps fine, just won't shut off.

geezer1

Premium Member
I looked at the diagram of the drain pump and I believe there is a check valve on the discharge port of the pump and on the ice maker there is a pressure switch right before the inlet of the pump. To much pressure will shut the unit down I believe

jlintvet

Premium Member
Yes, I got to that today in the unit and it is definitely the culprit. You can see it dump all the water then if you tap on that switch with a screwdriver it cuts off. Do you happen to have the part number for that? I cannot seem to locate the diagram. Thank you