• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Upright Freezer FUF14DLRCWW can't hear the door alarm

Zinco

Premium Member
Model Number
FUF14DLRCWW
Brand
GE
Just had this freezer delivered and set up. Seems good so far but two problems. One of the main reasons for replacing my old freezer was due to losing too much food from family accidentally leaving the door ajar, and no alarm.
This one has an alarm, but:
1. The open door alarm sounds ok, but when the door gets within about an inch of closing it stops. So when the door is just slightly ajar, there is no indication it is open. So my old problem is at high risk of recurring!
2. The freezer is in a basement and I have some hearing loss. So I cannot hear the soft alarm sound, even from the next room. Is there any way to increase the volume of the alarm? It would be a huge help! And/or adding a visual signal of some sort?

Many thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
1. That does seem odd, so you may have a problem of it doing that. You have a full 1 year warranty, contact GE Canada at 1-800-561-3344 and they will come out to see why that's happening, for free.
2. Not that I'm aware of, unless it says you can raise the volume in your owners manual.

The best thing to do is to raise the two front legs up a little, then when you let the door go it will close by itself. That's how mine is my house. So there's no chance of the door being ajar when it closes by itself.

Jake

Zinco

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, Jake. I do plan to raise the legs to help it swing shut, but my previous one still remained ajar at times.
Re the volume, nothing in the manual, mainly about problems with it coming on. But I had hoped others may have some ideas or similar experience .

Thanks again!
Z

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I've leave this thread open in case others what to chime in.:)

Jake