• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Washer GFWN1100L1WW Loud banging noise during spin cycle

Alex Harris

Model Number
GFWN1100L1WW
Brand
GE
Hello! I've got a front load washer that's been making frighteningly loud banging noises during the high-speed spin cycle. I went to open the rear Access Panel to see what was going on when I saw these dents in it (see pics below). They seem to have come from the Drive Pulley inside. The belt seems fine, it's taut with no cracks or frays. The shocks also seem to be working fine, but I have no washer repair experience. What could cause this? It's not a unbalanced load issue because it happens even when it's empty. I did move recently and took the washer with me between houses. Maybe the dents were caused during the move and something else is causing the banging? I don't know. Any guidance would be appreciated. :)

20211113_111933 - Copy.jpg
20211113_111949 - Copy.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It possible the inner tub spider arm support may have cracked or broken and causing this problem. You'd have to take it apart and remove the inner tub assembly to see for sure.

Its a very huge to do and very expensive to get a new inner tub assembly, it would cost more to fix it than its worth.

Here's the inner tub assembly for your model:
Tub Assembly WH45X10142

Jake