• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Washer GTW330ASK1WW won't spin. Codes 4,5,6

Not so handy

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW330ASK1WW
Brand
GE
I have ran the diagnostic tests and got codes 4, 5 and 6. I already replaced the lid lock switch which changed nothing. The recirculating pump test did not work nor did the spin test. Everything else did. It does make two louder clicks from below the top like it's trying to run or engage something. I hope someone can help. I hope it doesn't need a board. Thanks

Not so handy

Premium Member
Any ideas? I did rule out the recirculation pump because this model doesn't have one. Could it the mode shifter?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FiXXV68WvPZ4ukyUXtY7PGIV2C8bpVkK/view?usp=sharing

Page 39--->Fault Code 5--->Mode Shifter--->Do what it mentions to do to test it.
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot 2022-02-08 21.02.39.png

Here's the mode shifter for your model:

Jake

Not so handy

Premium Member
Jake, thanks for the reply. How do you get to the mode shifter? What about fault code 4? Pressure test passed and tube is clear.
Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How do you get to the mode shifter? What about fault code 4?
Look in the service manual I posted the link to above, it tells you how.

Jake

Last edited:

Not so handy

Premium Member
Yeah, as I said, I found it and it seems to be working.
What about the other codes 4 and 5? Any ideas? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have not worked on this model as of yet, so the repair manual is very important, just follow what it says to do.

Jake

Not so handy

Premium Member
In that case it's looking like it's the control board and that is $200. I'd rather buy another one at that point. There's a lot of grease and oil in the bottom. I thought I could get some insight to fault codes 4, 5 and 6 all lit up at the same time. It's just not cost effective to do that.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
it's looking like it's the control board and that is $200. I'd rather buy another one at that point. There's a lot of grease and oil in the bottom.
Yes I agree, its best to get a new washer. The grease and oil indicates the transmission is leaking oil.

GE has way too many problems.

We recommend Speed Queen, Maytag, Whirlpool for the best reliability and longevity.

Jake