• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE washer GTW330ASK2WW doesn't fully spin out the water

ruster

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW330ASK2WW
Brand
GE
My GE washer GTW330ASK2WW doesn't fully spin out the water from the clothes about 1 out of 3 wash loads and they can be quite damp. I can do an additional spin cycle which does the job. I was hoping that someone could verify that the sum update WH98R23015001 would help with this issue.
Serial #TH904341G bought in January 2018
I replaced the pump/belt
Thank you in advance,
Ruster

PS: I previously posted this issue incorrectly

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ruster,

You forgot to update your last thread in 2017:

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Wow. thank you for your reminder, I updated that thread. Honestly, I forgot we had a similar issue with our old Kenmore as we are now having with our 4 year old GE! Except the GE washer doesn't leave excessively damp wash all the time, about every third load.

Ruster

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for your great advice, before spending $$$ for a control board, is there a possibly I could have the issue as addressed in GE Service Bulletin HL01-17, flash removal? What are your thoughts on that?

Thank you again,
Jim

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

Also, I saw in your posts your not a fan of EBay or Amazon for appliance parts and I understand that, I want an OEM GE board if I take that route, but what do you think of Parts DR.

Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jake,

Thanks for your great advice, before spending $$$ for a control board, is there a possibly I could have the issue as addressed in GE Service Bulletin HL01-17, flash removal? What are your thoughts on that?
No Jim, anything before Oct. 2017 does not apply to yours.:)

Also, I saw in your posts your not a fan of EBay or Amazon for appliance parts and I understand that, I want an OEM GE board if I take that route, but what do you think of Parts DR.
I don't know anything about that company, so I can't say.

I get all my parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic They Always have a 365 warranty on ALL parts.

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

I did not see that the Service Bulletin HL01-17 was dated Feb, 2017 and I suppose that's how you can tell that it doesn't apply due to when our washer was manufactured! Sorry for all the questions, I was just hoping that simple fix was it, opening the chamber flash point.
I'll try for the board & see who might have the fastest delivery.

Thanks for your patience in this matter,
Jim

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jim, sounds good.

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for your guidance, I received my WH22X32357 control board a short time ago and this morning finally did the installation and right now it's running through a large load cycle - So far it looks & sounds good. It appears like its getting up to full speed on the spin cycle, I'll update this after doing a couple loads. Previously it was not spinning enough about every third load and I would have to run it through another spin cycle. Such a large board for a washer? Although now it has some chime sounds while running, Crazy, I want simplicity!!!
My fingers are crossed!

After the final spin cycle the spin light remained lit - I don't believe it had done that before.
Update: The spin light did go out after approx 20 minutes.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_4930.jpg
    IMG_4930.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok its working good now Jim?

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

The first load we ran today was great, I was just curious why the spin light remained on for about 20 minutes after the load was done and the lid was unlocked. I'll certainly update again after we complete a few more washes!

Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have no clue Jim, that I don't know.

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Good evening Jake,

Well, unfortunately todays wash didn't fully spin the clothes properly, still very wet when the load was completed :-( How do you properly determine if the speed sensor is an issue on our GTW330ASK2WW GE washer? Looks like I would need this speed sensor:

I found this video and wonder if my speed sensor location is the same as the GE GTW485ASJ3WS:

Thank you for your assistance!
Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So, its very odd that its a intermittent problem. Its possible it could be the speed sensor.

Lets step back a minute and on the next load you do, get a stopwatch and time how long it takes to drain ALL the water out of the tub, normal would be less than 90 seconds, because if there is still water left in the tub it can never do FULL spin speed.

I was just curious why the spin light remained on for about 20 minutes after the load was done and the lid was unlocked.
Did it do that before you replaced the control board?

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

It's odd, it spun nicely on the first load with the new board the other day & the sheets I was washing were not very wet at all & I called the control board a success. The second load was hospital scrubs and they were really wet at the end and needed a second spin. It has always been intermittent, but originally it was less often of a problem, maybe (approx) one out of 10 or so and now it's been more frequent, maybe every third wash.

Previously the spin light never remained on after the wash load completed, it would go out about the same time the lid unlocked. With the new board it chimes at the end, unlocks the lid but the spin light remains on for 20 minutes or so. On the first load I didn't actually time that light, I just kept coming back & back, when I returned for the 4th-5th time it was off and I unloaded the washer and it was pretty dry. When it completed the second load (very wet) I saw the light was still on with the lid unlocked but just started the rain/spin cycle right away because I saw how wet the things were.

On the first load I pulled the lock tab from the lid to see what was happening and I know it appeared to drain completely before starting to spin. I will do the same thing on the next load so I can see if it's completely drained before spinning & time it.
I thought the speed sensor made sense, the spin light remaining on meaning maybe it should still be spinning?
To let you know, I replaced the pump, belt and control board so far!

Thanks for assisting as you always do - I'll bet you hate all my questions and long winded responses!

Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Attachments

• GTW Service Flash-2.pdf
    229.1 KB · Views: 45

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

Looks like a possibility, I'm traveling right now and will check the codes early next week. Should I use the "field service mode"? And how are the codes deleted - unplug for a minute, plug it back in then open & quickly close the lid six times? Some sites list
the part number WH01X27954 as a kit including the harness & others with the switch only, if I see one of those codes would you start with the switch only or install the kit?

Thank you for this valuable Information.
Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jim,

The service manual tells you how the error codes are cleared.

The manufacturer has replaced part number WH01X27954 with part number WH08X32697

Here's the updated lid switch assembly:

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

The personality code for GTW330 in the manual indicates the personality code #8 - but with the new board the instructions said 11 for our washer. Is it common to see that number change with the new board? or is that an issue?

Thanks,
Jim