• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE washer GTW330ASK2WW doesn't fully spin out the water

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jim, Glad to hear the new speed sensor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

I've never seen a faulty speed sensor cause this intermittent spin issue before or I would have pointed it out to you first.

Here's the thread post with the speed sensor in it:

Jake

ruster

Premium Member
Jake,

Update on our GE GTW330ASK2WW washer, today has been exactly 3 weeks since I replaced the speed sensor & I couldn't guess how many loads of wash we did, with covid and two hospital workers in the household, we do a lot of wash. My guess would be 30 plus loads of wash in these three weeks, heck the first weekend we got it running we did 8 loads!

At completion, on two occasions the spin light remained on, showed an out of balance fault with the wash being very wet. The washer didn't seem to be out of balance, I've seen a washer out of balance but it seemed to be fine. I cleared the fault, ran drain & spin and it was OK. But out of 30 plus loads - two is pretty good!

Question, should the out of balance indicator clear itself or do you need to clear it manually? Previously (before the repairs) drain & spin would fill, agitate to attempt to even the load and never spin properly. I have not tried running the drain & spin without clearing the fault yet.

Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Question, should the out of balance indicator clear itself or do you need to clear it manually?
That's a good question Jim, but I don't know the answer, hopefully another person will know.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Jim!

Jake