• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Washer GTW460ASJ2WW Control board replacement personality ID issue

CjJam

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW460ASJ2WW
Brand
GE
A few days ago the original board in the washer burnt out, I decided to replace the board, and according to a parts list, I could replace the now burnt control board part no. WH22X35137, I installed the new board and the washer would only partially operate it would wash for maybe a minute before beginning to fill again, and it would also drain but not spin, I did some more research and found the board needed to be set with a new personality ID, after reading through a few other post and looking at the original tech manual.

I was under the impression since my washer was a GTW460___J2 the personality needed to be set as personality 6, however, the board does not show that option it will go thru 0-5 then skip to 9 and does not give an option to select personality 6, I did more research but was unable to find any additional info regarding this board's personality information that would fix my issue. While I did find a few other posts referencing WH22X35137 they also suggested personality 6 which hasn't worked out thus far

Thanks,

- CJ

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
A few days ago the original board in the washer burnt out, I decided to replace the board, and according to a parts list, I could replace the now burnt control board part no. WH22X35137
That's the wrong control board per your model number.

This is the correct control board for your model: WH22X35239

Jake

CjJam

Premium Member
Ah I see, I was looking at the repair clinic and it said to use WH22X35137 but appliancepartspros say to use WH22X35239 as you mentioned. I'll get it sorted and hopefully, all will be well!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That RepairClinic board WH22X35137 is the original and its been upgraded to WH22X35239 per GE's site and per AppliancePartsPros.

RepairClinic needs to update that board per the new part number.

At any rate, ALL new GE OEM control boards come with instructions on how to set the personality per your model number, did you not get the instructions in your control board PACKAGE that got shipped to you?

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.