• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Washer GTW460ASJ8WW Critical Flood Level By Pressure Error

qcbicycles

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW460ASJ8WW
Brand
GE
GE GTW460ASJ8WW Washer wont spin but you can here the motor. Error code received is a 6 which is a Critical Flood Level by Pressure error. I see with some models you just replace the sensor/switch but the electronic panels are different on the GTW460ASJ8WW. Is this something the solution is to replace the circuit board (not really $$ feasible) or is there another thing to trouble shoot. I did remove the drain hose and checked the exit hole at the pump and there doesn't appear to be anything in there. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FiXXV68WvPZ4ukyUXtY7PGIV2C8bpVkK/view?usp=sharing

Do what it says in this chart:
Screenshot 2021-07-25 08.11.36.png

If nothing in that chart fixes it, you will need to replace the control board.

Here's the control board for your model:

Jake

qcbicycles

Premium Member
Thanks for all the info Jake. Is there an easy way to get the shell off of this model so I can check all the other things recommended? 3 sides are all one piece. I realize checking the tub is the next logical step.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I haven't worked on many of these GE washers, that are not popular in my area. The only one I had in my area was pebbles in the drain pump causing the drain pump impeller to seize.

You can easily access the drain pump from underneath the washer, you have to unplug the washer, disconnect the fill hoses and drain hose first of course to lay the washer on its side to work on it FROM the BOTTOM.

Look on page 52 of the service manual, it says you can remove the cabinet assembly, but you need TWO people to do it, due to bulkiness.

Jake

qcbicycles

Premium Member
Thanks again for your responses. Makes sense and will give that a try before throwing in the towel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake