• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Washer GTW485ASJWS Not spinning heavier loads

MrGibbs

Model Number
GTW485ASJWS
Brand
GE
GE GTW485ASJWS top load washer that is about 6 years old gets stuck in spin cycle with larger loads and doesn’t fully spin water out of load. Usually have to end up manually running spin/drain cycle to get it to complete.

Seems to work ok with smaller loads.

I’ve adjusted the leveling feet and that seemed to help some and machine doesn’t bounce around.

Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing a digit in your model number after the "J" before the "W". Read it from the tag on your machine, which should be located under the lid.

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FiXXV68WvPZ4ukyUXtY7PGIV2C8bpVkK/view?usp=sharing

Diagnostics start on page 32, see what fault code you are getting.

Consumer Error Mode (CEM)--->Entry into Consumer Error Mode
Consumer Error Mode allows the consumer to retrieve the fault codes to assist with diagnosis at the time the consumer calls for service to their machine. The consumer cannot delete any of the codes or run any components.

Jake

dfphoto2

Premium Member
Jake one more question there is a passage in the manual about setting the control board to the correct model if someone changes the board and I did change it but I don't understand how I figure out the model to change the panel to the correct setting 1-2-3 I believe do you know?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the personality code, Look on page 44 of the service manual I posted above--->on your model its personality ID--->10

It tells you how to change it to 10.

Jake