• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Washer will not start. WSSH300G0WW

Miggy

Premium Member
Model Number
WSSH300G0WW
Brand
GE
Relevant info: GE Model: (WSSH300G0WW) Manufacture date: 2007.

My washer is stuck on an error code.

(A) Once I wake the machine pressing start triggers error code. The start LED flashes twice followed by the start led & all five indicator lights total 6 led blinking 4 times this repeats. I continue to hold the (start) and (pause cancel) button and it and the start light continues to flash after this and the 5 vertical lights return to what ever setting that I have the program knob set to.

The door doesn't even activate/lock.

Recording of the above mentioned error code:

(B) The washer can be put into the diagnostic test mode but with each turn of the program knob the same error code mentioned above in the (A) paragraph.

Recording of the error code:

I've tried taking the control board out and cleaning it, putting it back together and reseating all of the connectors, but the washer runs the same error codes mentioned above.

My suspicion is the either the control board is fried or the door lock assembly is broken. I can get either or both parts (Used control board ~$110) (New Lock assembly for ~$60) for like 170.00.

I guess I am being a cheapskate and debating if I should buy a control board and see if that fixes it or just be grateful for 12 years of service from the currently broken washer and buy a new one.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, the error code per the flashing lights are E41--->Control board thinks the door switch is open. Refer to TEST 7.

TEST 7:
1. Is the loading door closed?
No. Close the door.
Yes. Go the step (2).
2. Disconnect the plug from J2 on the control board and check for continuity between the pins in the plug.
Open. Check the door strike. If good, replace the door switch assembly.
Closed. Replace the control board.

First check your door strike, I've seen a few with a broken door strikes cause this as well.

Here's the door strike for your model:
Door Hook WH10X10004

Its easiest to get to it from the top panel of your washer, take the top panel off then reach your arm down and pull it up, remove the electrical connectors to it. The electrical connectors may only allow you to pull it up a few inches until you remove them.

Here's the door latch/lock assembly for your model:
Door Lock WH10X27534

Here's your control board for your model:
Main Control Board WH42X10787

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Miggy, glad to hear the new door latch/lock assembly fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake