GEW9200LW1 Whirlpool Dryer won't start

mercedes

Model Number
GEW9200LW1
Brand
Whirlpool
DRYER won't start. Panel lights up, but when pressing the star green button the digits panel starts blinking. I have noticed the inside light is not working either, is that a correlation to the dryer not turning on?

I have heard people saying that when open the door I should hear a beep. I don't hear any beeps, neither I recall hearing any sound before when new.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
when pressing the star green button the digits panel starts blinking. I have noticed the inside light is not working either, is that a correlation to the dryer not turning on?
I think there's a very good chance they're related, yes.

The wiring diagram for that model says, "Complaint: Won’t Start Cycle When Start Button is Pressed - If number display flashes, check to be sure the door is completely shut".

If the door is definitely shut, there might be a problem with the unit's door switch.

LINK > GEW9200LW1 Door Switch

Can I be able to repair myself? I have no idea.
I'm sorry but I have no idea either. There is a repair video for that part at the link above if you want to see if you think it's something you're capable of looking into. (The video may not be for your exact model.)

Dan O.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The only time you'll hear a beep is in service test mode. Remove the two screws in back of the top panel and remove the top panel. The electronic control board is on the left side. Use a DMM and measure the voltage across P1-3 and P1-5. Check for 120 VAC. Make sure the door is closed.