GFMN110ED0WW GE Stackable - Can't figure out how to get front off to service slides

haskell

Premium Member
Model Number
GFMN110ED0WW
Brand
GE
Hey all,

I've got a GFMN110ED0WW that has developed a slight click when the drum is rotating. The attached image has an X where the click is coming from. I believe one of the slide/glide bearings (I looked at a parts fiche, and it looks like this is where one of the slides would be located) is the culprit.

I can see the two bottom screws on the front (circled) and have removed those and am able to start getting the lower part of the front panel to start coming off, but I can't for the life of me see what other fasteners I would need to remove to pop the control panel off and get the front of the dryer off. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

dryer.png

bearings.png

model.png

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't find anything with that model number. Probably because it's canadian model. I'll assume it comes off like any other GE. Put the bottom screws back in but not all the way. Then remove the top panel. There's either two screws in the back or two screws in front just behind the console. Once you get the top off remove the console. From there you can get the front panel off. Remove the two top screws and lift it off the two bottom screws.

haskell

Premium Member
Hey Rick,

Unfortunately the rear of the console is not accessible like on a lot of other GE front loading dryer models. When I removed the screws from the plate a couple inches down from the top panel at the back (second picture below), I was able to get the back part of the top to come up a little bit, but once again, the front part of the top panel is attached to the console somehow and would not come off. Any other ideas?

IMG_20190811_183715.jpg

IMG_20190811_183852.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, since it doesn't have screws try removing the 2 top screws in the back panel. Pull the back panel away from the top panel then lift the top panel to clear the back and pull back away from the console. Then it should come off.

haskell

Premium Member
Thanks again for the feedback Rick. Unfortunately it still won't come off.

Is there a reliably resource where I can purchase the services manual for my unit? I've seen a few sketchy sites around advertising manuals and the like, but I'm wary of those ad filled sites. I'm not averse to spending a few bucks on the proper literature if it means I can get this thing apart and get it fixed.

rickgburton

Staff member
I don't trust them either. Check on jeff1 site. He probably knows how it comes apart. You can PM him on this site.

haskell

Premium Member
Thanks again Rick! I'll shoot jeff1 a message and see if he can offer any insight!

haskell

Premium Member
Just as a quick follow up, it appears that the GFDN110ED0WW is pretty much identical to mine.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, Remove the screw that attaches the trim to the control panel. Pull the trim piece backwards to remove.
GFDN350-1.jpg

Remove the two screws that secure the top panel to the cabinet then lift the front of the top panel about 3" to clear the rear supports and pull forward to remove it.
GFDN350-2.jpg

Remove the cycle selector knob and the screw under the knob
GFDN350-4.jpg

Lift the control panel up off the front grommets and disconnect the wire connector.
GFDN350-5.jpg

Remove two screws from the top panel bracket and four screws from the front panel bracket and remove bracket.
GFDN350-7.jpg

Loosen the two bottom front panel screws then remove the two top panel screws.
GFDN350-6.jpg

Attachments

haskell

Premium Member
That's it Rick! There are no back screws (first two pictures), but, removing that screw from behind the selector knob then allowed me to slide the damn panel up! I can finally get it apart! If there's a way I can tip you a few beer digitally let me know!

haskell

Premium Member
It was totally an issue with the drum glide bearing I had marked with an X (the part is a W3M51). It turns out, the little nub that the bearing hangs off of cracked off, so I'm going to bodge something on there to hang on to the bearing again.

Here's the slider just above the one that was slipped off, you can see the nub that the slide hooks on to:

IMG_20190814_165823.jpg

Then the one that had slipped off that was making all the noise, the nub is totally gone!

IMG_20190814_165848.jpg

IMG_20190814_165915.jpg

The slide bearing was pushed on down into the right hand side of the slot.

Thanks again for your help Rick! Let me know if there's a way I can buy you a few beer!

Attachments

rickgburton

Staff member
My favorite beer comes from your area, Molson Golden Ale....in a frosted mug. Moosehead Ale is a close second. My PayPal is rick g burton at gmail dot com. No spaces. But it's not necessary. I'm glad I could help. Thank you my friend! Oh boy, now I can't stop thinking about that cold beer in a frosted mug. lol
0a460b37.x120.gif

rickgburton

Staff member