• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GFSF6KKXABB GE French Door Refrigerator - Temps in freezer will not keep things frozen

JLH

Premium Member
Update. There was not a lot of ice behind the panel, a little on top of the condenser and the (what I am guessing is an air vent), was totally frozen. One fan was froze up. Thawed it all out, checked the thermostat by placing in chest freezer and it checked out, checked thermister in ice water and it went up with the readings, when placed in ice water to around 13k. Had continuity on the heater. I tried checking continuity on the fans but meter would not change or make a high pitch sound, so I am guessing they are both bad. I have not checked prices on them but prob can't afford at this time anyway. Got everything back together and I give up. I guess my best bet is to call a repair service and see what they charge to trouble shoot it. Just wanted to say thank you for all the support and advice.

JLH

Premium Member
Got up this morning to ice and everything frozen in freezer, guess I know it still works, but I'm not bettering on it lasting. It is set on -2 and that is what the display says it is, 38 in fridge.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You have a defrost issue. It's not the fans. If the defrost heater and thermistor check good, replace the main board:

Main Control Board WR55X10805 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Main-Control-Board-WR55X10805--01337896.jpg

JLH

Premium Member
would a main control board fix the feshfood section also. It appears to have the same problems with freezing up ?