DC_FF/PM

Model Number
GGW9868KT
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Senseon Dryer
Model Number: GGW9868KT1
Serial Number: MP0901800

My dryer seems to be stuck on the "Towels/Cotton" automatic cycle. It will beep when I attempt to change the cycle, temperature, or time. I unplugged the unit, then I cleaned out the lint shield, wiped the moisture sensor, disassembled the front/bottom to ensure all the fuses were connected, and cleaned all the lint from the bottom. I then plugged the dryer back in and nothing changed. I'm assuming I have replace a part, I just don't know where to start. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Doug,

Usually its the control panel keyswitch that has a short in it when it does this.

To verify, do the CHECKING TOUCHPAD FUNTION on page 7 here: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Tech_Sheet_8541836.pdf

You do the ohm test with a multimeter at the lowest ohm setting, unplug the dryer first.

Page #4 & Page #5 shows how to get access to control panel and control board: https://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/CalypsoDryer.pdf

Here's the control panel keyswitch assembly for your model below, but It's No Longer Available, so looks like it's dryer shopping time.

Whirlpool 3978825 Panel, Console (includes Keyswitch) (pearl)

Jake