• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GH5184XPS5 Microwave Not Working

wpollock

Premium Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
28
Location
California
Model Number
GH5184XPS5
Brand
Whirlpool
Age
6-10 years
Suddenly stopped working.

Main power supply is good.


No readouts on display panel and interior light will not come on when door is opened.

I tested the in line fuse and it reads good according to my multimeter.

Any thoughts as to what I should check next? Could the problem be a door switch?

Thanks
 

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
37,118
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
37,118
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States
Looks good to me. Try it on the diode check function. 120 VAC at the control board and nothing works = bad control board.
 
Top