GHDA980K03BB GE Quiet Power III not functioning properly

supermf

Premium Member
Model
GHDA980K03BB
Brand
GE
Good day,

I have a GE Quiet Power III GHDA980K03BB. I feel as thought the cleaning and rinsing cycles are happening too quick. I also feel that it is not filling enough to make the wash arm turn fast enough. It is new to me so I am not familiar with how long a rinse cycle should take. I have put additional water in it and this does help move the arms. The rinse cycle is between 3 and 5 mins. Please feel free to ask me questions if I am not making sense.

Thanks,
MF

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi MF,

After it fills how high does the water level come up, open the door after it fills and to see.

Also check your fine filter to see if its clogged. There is a video when you click the part link below to show you how to remove it.

Here's the fine filter for your model:
WD12X10109 Fine Filter

Jake

supermf

Premium Member
Thanks for the prompt reply Jake!
The water level is just at the very bottom just starting to come up from the screen. I did take everything apart and cleaned it well including the spray arms and all of the screens (there was a lot of gunk and including 3 pits of some sort). I think I am also missing an O ring for the connection to the middle spray arm (under the top rack). The unit is new to me (got it used online).

I included a picture with a line as to where I can feel the water.. again it just coming up through the main screen.. if I put my finger on it the tip gets wet but thats it. I have observed water come in and I think it stops before it needs to. Also the spray arms barely turn. I do have strong pressure and the pump is running. As a test I did add water until could see it below the heating element and this to me looked like worked much better. I am also trying to locate any manuals so I can get more familiar with it.

Inked20190502_172054_LI.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did this dishwasher come with any warranty when you bought it used online?

Did they say anything was wrong with it when you bought it used online?

Is there a refund you can get if the machine does not work properly?

I hate to see folks buy appliances used online without testing them first, to many scammers out there.

The best place to buy a used appliance is a reputable used appliance store in your area, they all usually give you at least a 30-90 day warranty.

If the water fill is weak and you have plenty of water pressure, then its possibly a bad water inlet valve, or the screen on the water inlet valve is clogged, I would check that first.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WD15X10003

Jake