FIXED GHDS365EF0RR GE Adora Dryer stopped working, burning smell

ccron23

Premium Member
Model Number
GHDS365EF0RR
Brand
GE
The other day, the dryer stopped working and we noticed a burnt smell in the laundry room. The Dryer lights up but would not engage the cycle. I removed the control panel and found the far right relay burnt up. I purchased a new control board but before I power up the unit, I want to make sure that the heater or something else was/is the problem downstream. Has anyone had the same issue or could anyone shed some light on this issue ? thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If it's the heater relay you need to check the heating circuit. Check for any loose connections on the element and thermostats. Make sure the element is not touching the element housing. Check for good air flow from the vent. If the lint filter housing, vent or vent hose is blocked that can cause a relay meltdown. If it's a motor relay, check that nothing is caught in the blower. Blow out the lint build up inside the motor. Check the amps when running and make sure it doesn't exceed the amp rating on the motor tag.

ccron23

Premium Member
Thank you Rick for your reply. I i removed and checked the Heating coils, thermistors and everything was good so after the new board WE04X23220 and programmed it and everything worked perfectly.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Awesome! Take a look at it after 6 months and see if there are any signs of overheating.