GHW9100L Inner tub spider support arm has broken

Bob 60

Premium Member
Model
GHW9100L
Brand
Whirlpool
I was looking at the thread by Jyn and I have the same issue. (FIXED: GHW9150PW0 Whirlpool Duet Broken Spider Arm )
I have the above model Whirlpool Duet washer and the spider arm has broken.
My machine does list lifetime warranty on the stainless steel drum.

I called Whirlpool today and I guess, because unfortunately I live in Canada and have to deal with the Canadian office they are telling me that because I took unit apart to find cause (not to mention I don’t want to (nor can I afford ) pay exorbitant fees to have appliance tech come out to diagnose my lifetime warranty is now void.
They also say they will NOT supply parts under warranty for me to install because they are concerned about liabilities. But they certainly will sell me the parts to install myself.

The broken spider has caused the front tub to be chewed up and as far as I can see, the rear tub with seal should be replaced also.

Would anyone be able to give me some guidance?

Thank you in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bob,

I'd keep calling them, you will get a different person each time. They shouldn't void your warranty for taking it apart to verify the spider arm is broken, that's ridiculous.

In Jyn's thread you will see many people had to call twice or three times to get inner tub part shipped to them under warranty.

If they keep refusing, then its time to buy a new washer. It would cost more to fix it than its worth.

Jake

Bob 60

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I will keep trying.
I did ask to speak to supervisor and got absolutely no where.
He said my next step would to be to write letter to head office here in Canada. Honestly don’t think that will do anything either.

Was reading about problems with product last night and find there is a class action suit because of mold.
Maybe I will sign on, might get a couple of dollars to put towards new machine.

Any suggestions on a new machine (top load) if I have to go that route.

Bob