• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GHW9100LW1 Whirlpool Front load Duet with initial FH error code

bobandsandy

Premium Member
Model Number
GHW9100LW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,
I am summarizing my memory of issues with my dad's (Bob) washer. He will likely add his info shortly if I am incorrect. They have a Whirlpool Duet appx 12 yrs old model GHW9100LW1. Initially it would stop mid cycle and give an err code of FH. Mom would hit cancel twice and unplug it. Wait about ten minutes and turn back on. It would finish the cycle. Started getting worse until she could not complete a load at all. Dad disconnect the hoses and cleaned gunk out of the hoses/screens. He replaced the incoming hoses and ordered a new washer inlet flow meter and a washer water inlet valve. The inlet valve has been installed, and the machine reassembled. The code then showed door locked (or something similar), but the door was not locked.
(This next part may not be helpful relevant to the fix, but we certainly need to understand potentially for later why some of our machine parts do not match the diagrams.) We did not install the washer inlet flow meter because it appears to be the wrong one. (After rubbing a pencil on the side of ours we can see what appears to be a part number but have found no matches for it.) We ordered and received WPW10110225 as we see on multiple parts diagrams online. This one will not plug into our wiring harness, and does not look the same in the pictures as ours does. Our wiring harness clip is also different. Pic attached. (The video still is from a Repairclinic video of replacing the inlet flow meter.) If you look at a side view of the WPW part you can clearly see the outer plug portion outside of the main part. If you look at the side view of our original part that portion is not there.

our washer.jpg

our washer above

part of vid.jpg

part of repair clinic video

unnamed.jpg

the part we ordered that does not fit

Thank you for your help!
Cheryl for Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Cheryl for Bob,

WPW10110225 is the newest number of W10110225, its fine.:)

Here's the flowmeter for your model:
WPW10110225 Flowmeter

There is a video in the flowmeter part link that shows you how to replace it.

Look here:

Jake

bobandsandy

Premium Member
Yes, I do understand about replacement part numbers... and after watching the video again I now see what we did. Apparently whoever initially took the wire connection off of the WPW part did not release the clip, but disconnected the adaptor (probable wrong name) from the little board type thing inside the WPW part.
So, before I realized the source of the err, while we were still trying to see why the parts would not fit we took the adaptor off of our new part and plugged the wiring piece (with the old adaptor still attached to it) into the board.
I did print the diagnostic pages you included in the other link, but can't do it because we still get a door lock light on the cabinet even though the door is not locked. We did not reinstall the top of the washer. It is also possible, probable, that the adaptor is not in the exact right position on the board since it was not intended to be removed by us.
Thanks, Cheryl

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It is also possible, probable, that the adaptor is not in the exact right position on the board since it was not intended to be removed by us.
I'm not understanding what you mean Cheryl. Can you make a video of what adaptor and board you are referring to?

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. On Page 5 do DIAGNOSTIC TEST.

C:00 TESTS THE DOOR LOCK
C:01 TESTS THE FLOWMETER AND COLD WATER

Jake

Attachments

• Tech_Sheet_8181790.pdf
    146.4 KB · Views: 158

bobandsandy

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Sorry. I will try to be more clear. The first pic is our reassembled flow meter. The black part is new. The brown part (The part the wire clips into) was on the old flow meter. Bob inadvertently took the wiring off with the brown piece attached. This is why we thought we had ordered the wrong part, since it would not fit,
We took the white part (2nd pic) off of the new black flow meter still not realizing that the brown part was in fact the same exact thing and should have been removed from the end of the wiring. So when we attached the brown part with the wires on it to the flowmeter we attached it to what looks to me like a little foam board with metal strips on it. The 3rd and 4thpictures. Thanks for your patience with my improper explanations. We do still get the same light on the front of the washer next to the the words "door locked" that we did before we replaced the flowmeter. I cannot, (or am doing it wrong) run the diagnostic. I presume it will not start due to the light on.

Attachments

• Resized_20210126_132148.jpg
    Resized_20210126_132148.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Resized_20210126_204332.jpg
    Resized_20210126_204332.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Resized_20210126_204602.jpg
    Resized_20210126_204602.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 124
  • Resized_20210126_204557.jpg
    Resized_20210126_204557.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 129

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I see now. Yes, the brown part was suppose to stay in the flowmeter. So the wires came out of that white part too? That's not good, your in a mess, I don't know what to tell you to do now.

He replaced the incoming hoses and ordered a new washer inlet flow meter and a washer water inlet valve. The inlet valve has been installed, and the machine reassembled. The code then showed door locked (or something similar), but the door was not locked.
You didn't have the "door locked" issue before all this started happening?

Jake

Last edited:

bobandsandy

Premium Member
No, the blue wires themselves stayed attached in the white part of the plug.

Actually our initial err was the FH. After replacing the water inlet valve and the supply hoses we got the light on the front of the cabinet where it says door locked. So this is the same error now, as before we replaced the flow meter. Which says to me (a hopeless optimist) that we put it back together properly :). Do you know how to clear the door locked light?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.