FIXED GHW9150PW2 Whirlpool bearing question

curtinmass

Premium Member
Model Number
GHW9150PW2
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello...new to your forum..bought a used whirlpool duet set this past weekend...made in 07...owner said washer rattled but bought anyways ...only $25 bucks...worked fine on small load,but when i did a larger load this morn, as it was getting up to spin speed made alot of noise...wasnt constant and at some point noise was gone...limped it through wash...meaning i paused when got loud and restarted...looked at postings online mentioning rear bearings so tore machine apart and bearings seem fine...inner one still has white grease on it outer seems fine as well...can spin inner race and dont feel any hard spots all nice and smooth...so where does that leave me?...noise was very loud so something has to be going on...bearing bad and i just cant feel it?...any input greatly appreciated

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you turn the bearing does it turn smooth?

Also check the spider support arms on the inner basket, for cracks or breakage.

Jake

curtinmass

Premium Member
Hello Jake...both bearings spin like new...been an auto mechanic for years and checking bearings same way as auto bearings...spinning back and forth with pressure and cant feel this slightest bit of anything out of ordinary,spider arms all secure with no crack...kinda got me baffled

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

curtinmass

Premium Member
All 4 shocks have same pull and resistance....did find these 2 pieces between drum and tub...obvious they have been chewed up some..but hard to believe these could be causing the ruckus..only couple inches long...going to throw back together and see what happens..thanks for input

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats odd, they previous owners must of really overloaded the washer for those to get in between the tubs.

Jake

curtinmass

Premium Member
UPDATE:Washer working fine..got back together...ran diagnostics...washed load and nice and quiet,hard to believe those plastic pieces made the racket i heard...pieces snap together and found red inside piece that fell on ground ..makes a small pocket utility knife...did also find a "flashdrive' if im calling it right,one of those little things you plug in usb port...also got 36 cents in change,,,numerous candy wrappers and few sticks out of drain motor....paid $75 dollars for the washer and dryer....spent money on new dryer cord. .one prong came lose in wall socket and melted inside from heating up...dryer powered up for last owner but wouldnt heat..does now, not bragging just passing along my experience.Thanks for having this forum for people like me...plain ole common folk.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Jake