• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GHW9160PW0 Whirlpool Duet Washer - another FH error code mystery

davidjc

Premium Member
Model Number
GHW9160PW0
Brand
Whirlpool
OK folks, I'm at wit's end on this. Got new machines delivering tomorrow but I want this old washer working so I can give it to someone with matching dryer.
Here's my deal.
Set bought in 2007. Flawless for all those years until last weak.
Code FH pops up. Wife yells, DAVID!! Washer showed FH code at 20 minutes on "Whitest Whites" setting. Then Door Lock. The machine had completely drained. I continued to run the machine between the following attempts to solve.
Here's what I've done per online researching.
1. New hoses and screens. The old weren't bad though. Verified good flow.
2. Cleared drain filter. Wasn't bad. few coins and a couple tooth picks.
3. Ordered new, and replaced flow sensor.
4. Removed pressure switch and blew through tube. clear.
5. Removed lower end of flow tube and cleaned the plastic component that it connected to. Had black, jello like crud in it. Reinstalled.67. Disconnected drain hose from drain pump with filter removed and checked for obstruction. Clear, but when I blew into the bottom end of the pump drain hose, a slight obstruction was apparent then immediately cleared as if something blew out. Maybe water?
7. Ran vinegar through soap dispenser with hot water flow per owners manual. I have good flow in and out. Good on cold, and good on hot. Drains well.
What's left? Control Board or is it junk? Don't want to give it away broken.
I've read many post here and on other sites. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you, David

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Washer showed FH code at 20 minutes
Was FH solid or flashing?

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine, the valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed solid. OR If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow sensor has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Unplug washer or disconnect power. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU).

Plug in washer or reconnect power.

Verify pressure switch operation by changing settings.

Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and measuring the resistance.

davidjc

Premium Member
Yes, all these have been done. Even replaced flow meter. As soon as cycle starts there is a good water flow coming through. Cold and hot. Same thing occurs on every cycle. Thanks for the suggestions.

rickgburton

Staff member

davidjc

Premium Member
Well, rats! Thanks for trying. Sold it in 10 minutes. New owner knows issue and is certain he can fix it. Thanks again, all

rickgburton

Staff member
40x32-smile 3.jpg
Cool!