Status
Not open for further replies.

thinglenn40

Premium Member
Model Number
GHW9400PL2
Brand
Whirlpool
I am gettting the FH code on my washer. It seems to happen when it gets to the rinse cycle. We have had this washer for 2+ years with no issues. I have taken off the hot and cold water hoses and blown them out. I also checked the screens to make sure they were clean. I also took the plug out of the water pump and cleaned it out. Checking other threads it looks like it could be the flow indicator or the pressure switch.

I really do not know how to test these without just replacing them. Looking for help.:confused:

Glenn

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Glenn,

Since it only happens at the rinse cycle, that should be cold water only, has your cold water pressure decreased? I always take the fill hoses off and get a bucket and run both the hot and cold into the bucket to make sure there's plenty of water pressure coming out of both.

First run the diagnostics test as shown here on Page 5 here: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/8181790.pdf

It will automatically check the flowmeter & the cold water inlet valve in C:01

Jake

thinglenn40

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the info. I ran the diagnostics test and it repeatedly codes out 60 seconds into the C:01 test. I took the flowmeter off and blew through it. I don't have a multimeter to test.

I will check the cold water flow but I don't think that is the issue.

Glenn

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you start a cycle with just cold water only, does it fill fine without getting the FH error code?

Its sounding like the flowmeter is the problem if so.

Its possibly a bad flowmeter, here's the one for your model:
Whirlpool WPW10110225 Flowmeter

Jake

thinglenn40

Premium Member
I did run it before on a cold cycle and it did okay.

I will replace the flowmeter and hope for the best.

Glenn

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, keep us posted Glenn.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Glenn, good job.:)

Jake

Paula L. Miller

Premium Member
I have been having the same issue with my washing machine. The cold water barely trickles in. I've ordered the flowmeter as well! Thank you for posting!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have been having the same issue with my washing machine. The cold water barely trickles in. I've ordered the flowmeter as well! Thank you for posting!
Do you have the exact same model number as Glenn?

Jake

Paula L. Miller

Premium Member
I'm not sure. I looked up the part under my model number. Ordered same day and got the part the next day! Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem. We removed the cold water hose and discovered the screen was covered with rust, so we cleaned it up and it works much better now. I guess I should have done that first. :) I did learn a lot through the process. Especially how to run the diagnostic test. Thanks again! Love the blog and have shared it with my parents who have the same machine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job, sounds like you fixed it!:)

Jake

Amanda Thompson

Premium Member
Help! I have a Whirlpool Duet model #GHW9400PW4. My problem is 1-2 minutes into a 40 minute wash cycle, I get the F/H error code and the washer immediately starts to drain. If I hit cancel the draining will stop and the wash will resume, but every few minutes it will come on again. The washer also continues to fill with water almost constantly, eventually leading to an overfill where it will drain. I have taken the top off and checked all connections, cleaned my water inlet valves, changed out my hoses, and cleaned my drain filter. I also checked the pressure switch hose and it appears to be damage free. I ran the diagnostics test you suggested, and the F/H error code came up at C:01 and C:03 the first time, but after running again, the washer made it through both without any errors. Did it again, and the f/h code is back at C:01. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it does sound like you have a bad flow meter then.

Here's the flow meter for your model you can order here:
Flowmeter WPW10110225

Watch this video:

[video=youtube;GnGQKYKJZM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnGQKYKJZM8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

All parts ordered through our site, come with a 365 day warranty , you can even return parts for a full refund even if you installed it and it doesn't fix it.

Jake

Amanda Thompson

Premium Member
Thanks so much! I knew it was the either the flow meter or the inlet valve. I ordered the flow meter and I will update you when it arrives and I install it and give it a test run. Wish me luck!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

jarhead

Premium Member
I am getting the same code, model GHW9160PW1, it seem to have started after we moved the washer to another house. I seem to be getting good water flow out the hose. The code seems to come up after the washer has been running about 10 minutes on 40 min cycle. I made sure the drain hose was about 6 inches only down the drain tube. Also it doesn't seem to drain all the water cause the clothes are still soaking wet when you pull them out of the washer wants it stops working due to the fh code. HELP

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I am getting the same code, model GHW9160PW1, it seem to have started after we moved the washer to another house. I seem to be getting good water flow out the hose. The code seems to come up after the washer has been running about 10 minutes on 40 min cycle. I made sure the drain hose was about 6 inches only down the drain tube. Also it doesn't seem to drain all the water cause the clothes are still soaking wet when you pull them out of the washer wants it stops working due to the fh code. HELP
Hi jarhead,

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the F/H error code will flash. OR If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine the valves will be turned off and the F/H error code will be displayed. Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

If there is no water in the machine:
Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves. Verify inlet valve operation.

If there is water in the machine:
Check Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch. Verify there is not a siphon problem. Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU). Verify Drain pump operation. remove the clean out plug on the pump and clean out all the debris in it. Try another wash cycle and see what happens. Post back your results.

I made sure the drain hose was about 6 inches only down the drain tube.
I believe that's the problem, Its too far down the drain hole and possibly siphoning water out when it shouldn't be. That would make sense since you moved it to a new house and you weren't having this problem before.

You should have this part below, your drain hose snaps into it and then it goes in the drain hole about 2 or 3 inches.

Drain Hose Holder W10280024

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.