• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GHW9400PW4 Whirlpool Duet Front load Washer F33 Error Code & Excessive Shaking Of Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeavision

Premium Member
Model Number
GHW9400PW4
Brand
Whirlpool
Whirlpool Duet HT
MODEL#: GHW9400PW4
SERIAL#: CST2514038

I received the F33 Error code last week in the middle of a wash. After removing the front panel I noticed one of the shock absorbers at the back had separated from the tub assembly causing the motor on the other side to hit the motor control unit housing. Fortunately I did not see any damage to either part. I checked the pump filter and it was clear. The drain pump was a couple of years old and appeared to be working just fine however I went ahead and replaced the pump and all four shock absorbers.

After receiving the F33 error code again about 20 minutes into the wash cycle I rechecked the drain pump and hoses again. Everything looked good and appeared to be working properly. Water was draining out of the washer as it should. I then checked the wiring and connections between the pump and main control board. Everything looked good. I don't have a digital meter to check for any anomalies in the electrical current so I just had to go by the sound of the pump to know if it was working.

A couple of years ago when I had to replace the last drain pump I also had to replace the hose to the pressure sensor since it had come lose and was damaged by the tub assembly. I'm now concerned it's likely the main control board. The error message only occurs halfway through the cycle when using any of the cleaning modes along the left of the dial. It does not occur with either rinse spin nor drain spin. Also another thing to note. After replacing the shock absorbers the tub assembly still rocks/shakes violently at high and extra high spin speeds.

Enough to get the machine to shift along the floor a little. The new shock absorbers are the correct replacement part for the ones I had on previously and were all installed correctly. The two springs and their connection points at the top of the tub assembly appear to be in great shape. No rust or damage. Not sure if there is something else I've over looked in preventing the tub assembly from shacking too much. At the time of these observations the tub was only half full of clothes.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k8FfN9OjAS8TtL7EH2GNjKfrLKaM_O6k

Error Code F33=System Leak

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine, the valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

OR

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow sensor has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Check for crack or holes in the washer tub and pressure switch hose.
2. Replace components if necessary

I would first Check your pressure switch hose itself for a leak in it, seen this happen a few times on my service calls and cause this F33 error code. Also remove it from the pressure switch and BLOW THROUGH IT hard, sometimes tiny lint pieces can semi-clog it, thus the F33 as well.

Here's the pressure switch hose for your model you can order if needed:
Hose WPW10004260

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Beeavision

Premium Member
Well it turns out it was the pressure switch hose again. I just replaced it two years ago but apparently it had brushed up against the drain line compromising the tube. May have been due in part to the failed shock absorber directly beneath it. This time I secured it away from any obstructions using new clips. So a new pump, new shock absorbers and a new pressure hose. Everything is up and running again. Also in regards to the washer rocking back and forth, I found a missing small detergent bottle that had fallen behind the washer which had gradually dripped soap all over the floor underneath the unit. After excessive mopping and drying, the floor now has enough traction to keep the washer in place. Can't believe I missed that earlier.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that was all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.