GI0FSAXVY011 - Door Alarm light flashing, no lights inside.

Ftnguyen1

Premium Member
Model Number
GI0FSAXVY011
Brand
Whirlpool
Hey guys, my whirlpool GI0FSAXVY011 refrigerator has just started acting up. The door alarm light on the front is constantly flashing on and off, also the lights inside the refrigerator and freezer both stopped working. Unplugging the unit for a few minutes and plugging it back in seems to fix it temporarily for 10 minutes but the same issue eventually pops back up. Does anyone know what may be going on?

ThAnks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks bigbuck for the tech data sheet!

Your control board seems to be the problem, I've seen this before on my service calls. Its located in the very back of your refrigerator once you pull the refrigerator out from the wall, you will see a cover over it. Make sure to Unplug the refrigerator before you replace it.

Here's the control board for your model:
WPW10312695 Electronic Control Board

Jake

Ftnguyen1

Premium Member
Great, will go ahead and order the part and take care of that.

Thank you for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

Ftnguyen1

Premium Member
Ok so the replacement board came in and I was able to install it easily. After plugging the power back in, I have full lights on the inside of the refrigerator working but the lights on the front control panel are not on. If I press any buttons, all the lights turn on and then turn off when I let go. I tried to get into programming mode but it doesn’t seem to let me. I’m guessing that I should have some lights and temp on the front panel on before I even attempt to enter programming mode which is what I’ve seen on videos guides. Not sure what to do at the moment and the refrigerator sounds like it’s not cooling. Hopefully someone has an idea or I missed something, I’ll be putting the old one back in soon temporarily as tech support is closed.

Ftnguyen1

Premium Member
Put the old board back in and plugged in the power. Power and front panel powered up like normal with the fridge temp showing as expected, compressors kicked in also.

The new board definitely doesn’t power up with anything on the front panel after plugging in. I did take a look at the new replacement board and also noticed potentially some solder points that do not look great in my limited experience. I attached the pic and am wondering if that could be related to the issue with the new board.

BCE7A426-ECC3-434D-AC53-90AA200CB077.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The new control board you got is defective.

Did you order the new control board from my link to it above?

Jake

Ftnguyen1

Premium Member
Yes, ordered it from the link you gave. Planning on giving them a call tomorrow to get it replaced.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake