FIXED GI5FSAXVY01 Fridge not cooling and Display panel not working

dshand

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5FSAXVY01
Brand
Whirlpool
Good morning all,

When I got up this morning the display panel was blank. Pressing any button causes every light on the display to come on. Pushing the water dispenser level sounds the door alarm. The fridge and freezer are NOT cooling (no sounds from the compressor). No ice or water can be dispensed. The lights in the fridge and freezer are on.

I know how to replace the main control board and the dispenser control board, but how do I determine which one is causing the issue?

Thank you for your time and advice.

Dave

dshand

Premium Member
I checked a few voltages following instruction on a similar thread on this forum:

Main board:
J1-Pin 4 and J1-Pin 8 is 121 VAC.
J6-Pin 2 and J6-Pin 1 is 11.74 VDC.

Display Board:
J1-Pin 1 and J1-Pin 2 is 13.15 VDC.

I'm suspecting it the main board, but would like confirmation before I order it. I believe I need this part: WPW10310240 (AP6019229) replaces W10310240

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-board-hv-control-wpw10310240-ap6019229.html

Thanks,
Dave

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Dave,

With your meter measure the voltage between J1-Pin 4 and J1-Pin 8. Should be 120 VAC. Set your meter to measure DC Volts and measure between J6-Pin 2 and J6-Pin 1. Should be about 12-13 VDC. No voltage or wrong voltage replace the main board.

If the voltage is correct for both measurements, access the dispenser board and measure the voltage between J1-1 and J1-3. Should be 12-13 VDC. If the voltage is correct replace the main control board.

So order the main control board you posted the link to above in post #2 and you should be back in business.:)

Jake

dshand

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the info. I received the replacement HV Control Board, installed and programmed it, and the fridge is working perfectly again! thanks to this forum I was able to DIY it and save a bunch of money!

Dave

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Dave, glad to hear the new HV Control Board fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake