GI5FSAXVY02 Whirlpool Gold Fridge not running

tomsnyder1989

Model Number
GI5FSAXVY02
Brand
Whirlpool
So right before hurricane Florence hit us in eastern NC I started having problem with my refrigerator. The front panel would turn off and on intermittently. After the storm it has now stopped cooling completely and whenever I press the ice/water dispenser the alarm sounds, all lights come on, and it shows 888 888 on the display. Same thing whenever a button is pushed minus the door alarm. The lights in the fridge and freezer come on as normal when the doors are opened. I have now replaced both the main board in the back, the front dispenser board, and the front panel all to no avail. I have checked all the connections to ensure everything is good. Does anyone have any clue as to what might be my next step? All the forums I've read have said take the steps I already have and I still don't have a fix.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tom,

Yes, the problem is most likely the main control board in the back of your refrigerator. You possibly received a defective main high voltage control board, This happened to me a couple weeks ago, I got a defective main high voltage control board from my local appliance parts store in the Phoenix metro area and returned it for another new main high voltage control board and it fixed it.

If you want to verify that to make sure: Check the wires and wire connectors under the top hinge cover. Check if any pins are backing out of the connector. On the main control board measure the voltage at J6-1 and J6-2. If less than +12 VDC replace the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
WPW10310240 High Voltage Control Board

Jake