• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GI5FSAXVY04 Whirlpool Fridge Not working, display on the front went out

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperry

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5FSAXVY04
Brand
Whirlpool
My fridge is currently not working. The display on the front went out. I have unplugged it and still nothing. We noticed it had gone out then it came back on a few times just briefly and now does not work at all. I can get no number or lights to come on. The fridge is no longer cooling. The lights inside are on and that seems to be the only thing working. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Access the main control board on the back of the machine and locate connector J1. Check for 120 VAC across J1-4 and J1-8 If the voltage is correct here's the part you need:
whirlpool-board-hv-control-wpw10312695-ap6019287_01_m.jpg

aperry

Premium Member
I just had a chance to go buy the meter to check the voltage and came home and after almost a week my fridge is back to working. Would you change the board or could it be something else? I don't trust putting food in it, i just had to toss out everything that was in there as it was not working at all for at least a week.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check all the connectors on the board and check all the pins in the connectors. Make sure none are backing out of the connector. If the connectors and wires are all good, I would replace the board.

aperry

Premium Member
I have never used a multi meter to check voltage before. Do you know of any videos to help with that? I am sure i can figure it out. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Rick!

Jake

aperry

Premium Member
Do these look like the connectors I needed to check? I was able to get two of them to read 120 and nothing on j3 and j6. I feel like I’m not testing them right. It took me awhile to get the other two to read anything.

Attachments

• 162E4E01-1A3D-43B4-B485-CE679299F0B4.png
    162E4E01-1A3D-43B4-B485-CE679299F0B4.png
    1 MB · Views: 94

rickgburton

Staff member
Check for 120 VAC across J1-4 and J1-8
Look for connector "J1". It will be on the board next to the connector. Pin "1" will marked on the board. Leave all the connectors connected to the board and go in through the back of the connector. Be sure the meter leads touch metal in the connector. If they are too big do this:
safety pin 500x250.jpg

Set your meter to measure VAC and measure the voltage across Pin 4 and Pin 8. (0V=replace board)

aperry

Premium Member
I put a new board on and the fridge came on. But, I can’t get it programmed. I have done what the instructions say and it keeps flashing the PEO on the freezer side and 000 on fridge side when I hit the button the fridge side will say ICE or H20. I have tried finding a video to program it and those haven’t worked. Any suggestions? Could it possibly be something else too and that’s why it won’t program?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Programming Mode:
NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.
1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad.
2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad within 3 seconds.
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.
4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.
5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad once more.
6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.
NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.
7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature UP /+ Keypad or Refrigerator Temperature DOWN /- Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.
8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature UP /+ Keypad to select the next digit.
9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature DOWN /- Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.
NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated.
The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that too.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.