• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GI5SVAXVL01 Whirlpool gold refrigerator display stopped working

Seanreynoldscs

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5SVAXVL01
Brand
Whirlpool
I woke up today and the front panel on my refrigerator has stopped working.
The dispenser for ice or water just let’s out a loud beep.
When I press any button on the panel all of the lights light up and the display says 88 88 but then it all goes dark again once I release it.

Ive tried unplugging the fridge for 10 min, and removing the front panel for 10 min, but no change.

The fridge itself works fine, light works inside the fridge. Ice is being made and the fridge and freezer are cold.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 36

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Sean,

When this happens, the problem is usually the main control board in the back of your refrigerator.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
WPW10310240 High Voltage Control Board

Its less expensive here, with the $60 cash back on your credit card when you return the old one:
Main Control Board WPW10310240

If you want to verify that:
Pull the machine away from the wall and remove the cover over the main control board.

With your meter measure the voltage between J1-Pin 4 and J1-Pin 8. Should be 120 Volts AC. Set your meter to measure DC Volts and measure between J6-Pin 2 and J6-Pin 1. Should be about 12-13 Volts DC. No voltage or wrong voltage replace the main board.

If the voltage is correct for both measurements, access the dispenser board and measure the voltage between J1-1 and J1-3. Should be 12-13 Volts DC. If the voltage is correct replace the main control board.

On J6
Pin 1 is black
Pin 2 is red

Jake