GI5SVAXVQ00 Whirlpool Refrigerator - Water still cloudy after changing filter and

danhustonii

Premium Member
Model Number
GI5SVAXVQ00
Brand
Whirlpool
Model Number GI5SVAXVQ00
Brand Whirlpool

The water was tasting less pleasant and it has been a few months so I changed the water filter. I did the purge for five minutes. A full 24 hours later the water is initially cloudy and then clears up. I don’t recall that happening before.

In the last month we have installed a water softener so I don’t know if that would impact the water cloudiness?

thanks,
Dan

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Look closely and see if the cloudiness is a billion microbubbles. It a dissolved gas coming out of solution from a cold environment into a warm one. It could be a water softener that causes that but I'm not sure.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
danhustonii said:
last month we have installed a water softener
Was it a reverse osmosis water filter system you had installed?

danhustonii

Premium Member
I did notice tonight that it seems to happen when the cold water is used and warm water starts to come through, water that hasn't had a chance to chill. Perhaps the cold water already had the chance to settle while in the resouvoir?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
danhustonii said:
Perhaps the cold water already had the chance to settle while in the resouvoir?
That might be a possibility. I'm afraid I don't know how to alter that if it is. :/

RO systems can cause taste issues when used with copper tubing. I just wanted to rule that out as a possibility.