GLD5900N10BB GE Dishwasher Top Rack Arm Won't Recede Unless I Push It

Jimmbo

Premium Member
Model Number
GLD5900N10BB
Brand
GE
Hi All,

When the top rack is fully extended, the arms on both sides look (correctly) like this:

1.jpg

When I push the rack most of the way back in, the arm on the left recedes (correctly) like this:

2.jpg

...but the arm on the right doesn't. It looks like this (and I need to manually push the arm back in to get the rack all the way into the washer):

3.jpg

I can't figure out how to fix this, though I'd imagine there's an easy solution. Any advice?

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number QuietPower 3
That is not the model number (which we need to look up your machine).

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

I can't figure out how to fix this,
Check the rollers on the rack on that side. They may be broken or worn and binding.

Dan O.

Jimmbo

Premium Member
Hi, Dan

Model GLD5900N10BB

The rollers all roll, some a bit more freely than others, but that's as true on the good side as on the bad side.

I'm not sure where the resistance is, but I'm pretty bad at this sort of thing....

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Jimmbo said:
The rollers all roll, some a bit more freely than others, but that's as true on the good side as on the bad side.
There are only 2 possibilities I can think of, the rollers on the rack may be worn and wobbly and occasionally binding or the rollers attached to the side of the tub might be.

LINK > GLD5900N10BB Top Rack Roller & Shaft Kit # WD35X20994 (set of 4)

LINK > Cabinet Tub Rack Roller and Screw # WD12X332 (single)

I'm pretty bad at this sort of thing.
There are repair videos at the above links that might help?

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'll buy the roller kit and hope for the best!
Actually I think the tub rollers might be more likely for the rail not retracting easily but it might be either.

Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.