• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GLEQ332AS0 Frigidaire Gallery Dryer Not Heating (But IS Running)

ws91

Premium Member
Model Number
GLEQ332AS0
Brand
Frigidaire
Dryer recently stopped heating. It still runs, spins, etc, but no heat. Electric dryer.

I took off the top and first thing I saw was a partially burned out plastic wire harness. So perhaps that's just the issue, and it shorted or something? Or maybe that caused a blown thermal fuse, and the fuse, and possibly that plastic harness, need to be replace?

I'll note that the interior was very full of lint. I have no idea how old the dryer is; it's in a house I've been renting for about a year and a half. Doesn't look like it's had any service or anything in a long time.

At this point, I've taken the drum out as well. I have a multimeter, but am not exactly sure where to begin. A few photos attached. You can see that the metal alongside the burned wires was blackened as well.

Any advice welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 14

ws91

Premium Member
One thing to add! Difficult to see in photos but the coil on the heating element has a break in it, near the top. Forgive the dumb questions, is the coil supposed to be contiguous the whole way around?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if the heating element coil is broken, that's the cause of the NO HEAT problem.:)

Here's the heating element for your model you can order:
Heating Element Assembly 131553900

You will need to cut the burnt wiring off and splice the good wiring back together WITHOUT the plastic connectors, those are toast.

Jake

ws91

Premium Member
Apologies for my delay, I missed this. Thank you for your response. Is it not possible to simply replace the coil, the whole heating element must be replaced?

Will

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The coil can also be purchased without the housing and ceramic isolators. However, we recommend replacing it as a whole assembly, as a broken isolator can cause the element to fail.

And the price of the COIL ONLY is 3/4 the price of the whole assembly.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.

Jake