FIXED GLEQ332AS2 Replaced Rear Bearing Now Dryer Won't Start

tyrq93t

Premium Member
Model Number
GLEQ332AS2
Brand
Frigidaire
I just replaced the rear bearing 5303281153 for the 2nd time in this dryers life, first time no issues, this time no issues but when I plug it back in and turn the start knob the dryer doesn't start. I thought maybe it was the plug as the metal prongs had a lot of corrosion on them, so I cleaned them up and still nothing. Then I opened the dryer door and the light came on so I know there is power...at least to the light. One that did happen when I was working on it was the the front fell over, so I don't know if something came loose in that happening or not. Right now I do have one red wire and another orange one that aren't connected to anything, but I don't know if they should be. I feel like there were some wires not connected to things when I started. These two look like they could fit on the cycle control knob but if they do I am not sure which goes where, I want to say the red would go to the middle plug (labeled b) and the orange to the right (labeled A), but just don't know. It also seems like most of other connectors are copper, these are silver.

Any hints or ideas of what to look at next would be greatly appreciated. I attempted to add an image but not sure it will work.

Thanks

Joe S.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
NO loose wires!

I feel like there were some wires not connected to things when I started.
Wires are not usually left just dangling in appliances. That could be very dangerous! :angel:

Right now I do have one red wire and another orange one that aren't connected to anything, but I don't know if they should be.
Judging by their very near proximity to the timer, I assume they likely pulled off of it.

According to the wiring diagram I have for that model, it looks like a ORANGE wire is suppose to go onto terminal "A" on the timer. Also according to that wiring diagram, it looks like a double RED wire goes onto terminal "B" terminal of the timer but check the machine's actual wiring diagram to be sure.

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

tyrq93t

Premium Member
That was it. Thanks for your help. I have to give my daughter some credit for noticing the two wires that weren't attached.

Joe S.