• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GLFH17F8HWE Frigidaire Gallery Upright Freezer Digital Display Reset after Powerloss

Lissy Ryckman

Model Number
GLFH17F8HWE
Brand
Frigidaire
Posting this information because I had a heck of a time trying to find the information on how to reset the digital display after a powerloss. My digital display was stuck on LO(Lockout) and OF(Off) for way over a month, which means...... I was without a working freezer!! Finally, after countless hours using google and various recommendations.... I finally found the correct method of resetting the digital display.

I was without power for over a day due to a hydro pole explosion/fire 2 blocks away from my house. This caused my freezer to go into powerloss mode resulting in locking of the digital display and unable to turn on the freezer to reset the temperature.

1. Unplug Freezer for at least 20 minutes.
2. Plug Freezer back in.
3. Hold Alarm Reset Button for 3 seconds.
4. Quickly, press the DOWN ARROW 3 times.
5. Press the UP ARROW 1 time.
6. Select Temperature you would like for your freezer.

Voila.... Digital Display is unlocked and the freezer will begin to freeze. You should start to hear the sounds of a working freezer while it starts to reach the selected temperature.

Side Note..... I did read on another forum to press the UP ARROW 3 times and then the DOWN ARROW 1 time. I tried the method I posted and thats what worked for me. I did not try the up 3x's and down 1x. Maybe this one is for different models or other problems.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Interesting....never had to do that before. Wonder why Frigidaire doesn't have something posted somewhere?!

jeff.

jackching

Premium Member
Thanks a million for this. I had the model FGFU19F6QFB for two days. Yes two days. The power flickered a bunch of times during a snow storm and my display went to off mode. When i plugged the freezer back in all i did was hit the down arrow three times then up once and it kicked in. Before I done this procedure, i called frigidaire since it was still under warranty and they wouldn't even tell me this sequence. My guess is because they wanted me to buy extended warranty.

jackching

Premium Member
Actually it seemed like it was working, fully functioning display, but is not cooling down after having it plugged in for over an hour now. The power failure light was on in the display after the power first blinked. Any ideas on what this could be?

jeff1

Staff member
fully functioning display, but is not cooling down after having it plugged in for over an hour now
Fan inside working?
Fan at the back bottom working?
Compressor running?

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
compressor dont seem to be running.
Power tested to the compressor but no go is likely a bad compressor.
No power tested to the compressor is likely a control issue.

jeff.