GLWS1339ES0 Frigidaire Washer Removal of a stuck agitator (can move up 1")

rich222

Premium Member
Model Number
GLWS1339ES0
Brand
Frigidaire
I Believe my model is Frigidaire GLWS1339ES0 model (very hard to read faded tag- brought in 9/05)- Frigidaire Gallery 13 cycles Commercial Heavy duty super capacity washer. Presently it is leaking water. I first want to remove the agitator i unscrewed the top bolt. I can lift the agitator up a 1 to 2" before the agitator becomes stuck. I pulled up pretty good with no luck. Do I need to line something up or need some one else to help pull it off with out breaking the plastic agitator

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to pull up hard on it, or pry it up with a belt or strap pulling it up from the agitator bottom base. Some are a nightmare to get off.

Here's the agitator for your model:

Jake

rich222

Premium Member
Thanks. I went back at it. I pour some liquid soap down that center hole. Then kept pulling the agitator up then forced it back down. Must have done this 20 plus times. Finally, i got it high enough where the the spindle of the agitator was off the transmission shaft. Then i could rock it back and forth until i got if free. What a mess beneath the agitator. I am determining if I want to replace the tub seals due to a leak or replace the machine.
I will need to sand the outer metal rod (very rough) and then get some WD-40 to spray on the bolts and to remove the corrosion off the metal bolts and bracket. I will let the wd-40 to sit as few minuntes so I can remove the bolts from the bracket without breaking them so I can remove the inner tube (if I can remove the bracket.

Thanks again. I didn't want to break a part that didn't need to be replace at this time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job getting the agitator off. (y)

I have changed many of these same tub seals, when the trunnion is that bad looking there's a good chance the trunnion bolts will break off when you remove them, happened to me many times.

Here's the trunnion for your model:
Trunnion 131545101

Here's the trunnion bolts for your model(It takes 2 trunnion bolts, so even if one breaks, its best to order both):
137539500 Bolt

Here's the lockplate(block) that the 2 trunnion bolts screw into:
137107000 Trunnion Block

Here's the tub seal kit for your model:
Tub Seal 5303279394

Let us know how it goes.

Jake